Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What's Cooking Wednesday

I have really gotten behind with my blogging. I've decided to post a recipe here each week. It might be an old favorite or something I found recently. We ate some yummy apple dumplings at a couple of county fairs this summer, so I decided to look online to see what I could find. Google "apple dumpling" and you get 509,000 results! But I did find these and was intrigued by the addition of Mountain Dew. BOY HOWDY ARE THEY GOOD! TRY THEM! For those of you who don't do Dew due :) to caffeine, you could probably substitute Sprite or 7 Up with similar results.

Apple Dumplings


2 Granny Smith apples
2 cans crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Cinnamon
1 small (8oz) can Mountain Dew
Peel and core apples, slice each into 8 slices. Roll each slice in a crescent roll and place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, stir in sugar and vanilla (sugar won't be dissolved). Pour butter/sugar mix over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream and spoon some of the sauce over top. They are good cold too!
Enjoy!

No comments: